Do you know how to make a Kuku na Nazi Recipe. This recipe is sometimes called Chicken with coconut Recipe. Whichever name you call it, we will teach you how to make it for your guests.
Today more people are concerned about Kenya healthy diets and looking for healthy recipes from Kenya that are quick and easy to prepare for busy lifestyles. We have many recipes on cheap-kenya-vaction-tips.com that fit into a variety of healthy eating plans, in addition to our ‘just plain taste good’ recipes from Kenya.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHICKEN WITH COCONUT RECIPE
•2 3-lb chickens, cut into pieces
•5 inches fresh ginger, grated, or 2 tblsp. ground ginger
•20 small cloves garlic
•2 hot chilli peppers or 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
•1 medium Onion, sliced
•2 tblsp. Oil
•2 tblsp. Curry powder
•1/3 cup clarified butter
•1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
•1 tblsp. Whole cumin seeds, pounded
•4-6 cups coconut milk
•1 cup coconut cream
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CHICKEN WITH COCONUT RECIPE
1. Wash the Chicken and pat it dry.
2. Pound the ginger, garlic, chillies, and curry powder with a mortar and pestle, or purée in a blender or food processor.
3. In a small skillet, sauté the onions in oil for 4–5 minutes, then add the spice purée and simmer.
4. Braise the Chicken in butter in a large skillet or stew pot.
5. When the Chicken pieces are golden brown, transfer the Onion/purée mixture to the Chicken pot.
6. Add coriander, cumin, and coconut oil, and cook until the Chicken is tender.
7. Pour coconut cream over the Chicken, remove pot from heat, and let stand until ready to serve.
8. To eat, spoon over rice.
Remember, if you are on a speciality diet, some of these recipes may suit you and some not. Please use your own knowledge and discretion when using these recipes to determine which are most suitable for you and the way you define healthy.
Twinomugisha Charles is a writer who enjoys sharing his knowledge on various topics about Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania. His website, Uganda-visit-and-travel-guide.com, and cheap-kenya-vacation-tips.com are filled with information you shouldn’t miss.. More of his articles can be found at Kenya Kuku Na Nazi Cooking Guide and at How to Cook Kuku na Nazi Recipe in Kenyan Style